- Click here for our Welcome Letter
- Click here for an overview on the Steps to Becoming a Private Pilot
- Click on this document for a useful breakdown of the basic requirements to be a Private Pilot including average costs based on our current rental and instruction rates and the national average times it takes for people to earn their licenses.
- Click here for a list of Aviation Medical Examiners in our area. Every new pilot must possess at least a Third Class Medical before they fly solo.
Any goal of fling requires resources and support. Among the professional support we'll give you here at Great Basin Aviation, the links below may be useful as you travel down this path to pilot certification.
- The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association has been around for decades. They have a lot of great material for first-time pilots.
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is the governing body that regulates our national airspace system and piloting activities. Check out their site on becoming a pilot.
- We understand that flying includes a financial commitment. Click on this link for some of the many scholarship opportunities that abound in aviation.